Monday, November 23, 2015

Watch How Meditation Is Transforming Elementary Kids


Mindful Meditation is Transforming Elementary Kids: Parents, This is a Must Watch

post c/o www.thespiritscience.net
published 11/19/15



Finally! Mindful meditation is being practiced by students and teachers during school. Had I learned what these lucky kids are learning now when I was a kid, the amount of times I turned into a psychopath when my little brother got under my skin, might have been few and far between.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is teaching kids how to do mindful meditation. At first, the kids thought it was strange, but it didn’t take long for them to look forward to their meditation session after lunch and recess (the time when they seem to be the most unfocused).

The results have been incredible. The kids have become more available to learn and teachers have seen a huge transformation, in fact, students are now practicing mindfulness without being asked to.

“If I’m ever like bad emotions or mad, I just think about breathing in deep and think about mindfulness. I think its very helpful to me.”-5th grader at Glendale Elementary School

“I can feel myself calming down and ya know, let go of the stress, ya know, let go of what was on my mind outside, and pay attention to what they (teachers) are talking about.”-5th grader at Glendale Elementary School.

Kids have astounding capabilities because their minds are still open, and its important that adults give them the opportunity to let their minds flourish. Mindfulness is the way!
This video might make you smile really big:


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment