Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Our Incredible Journey Part 5; Hiking 540 miles from France to Spain in 35 days...

Currently, my husband Chris Constand and I, co-owners of Transcend Mind-Body Counseling Center in Fairfield (www.transcendct.com), are walking El Camino de Santiago, a 35-day, 540-mile journey from France to Spain.


What I'm learning on the Camino is an old and reoccurring lesson: that I know nothing. Nothing about myself or about others, because there are no others. Nothing about life, as it is not meant for me to understand it. I see how desperately we try to evaluate and label everything, throw ourselves in boxes of self-concept- religion, culture, family- all in an attempt to control outcomes....
But we are undefinable and unspecified matter, constantly transforming....each moment perfect in its uniqueness.


I'm everything and I'm nothing. I'm full of contradictions, predictable duality and unpredictable chaos. I'm your best friend and worst enemy, serenity and rage, insanity and balance, perversion and purity...I'm arrogance and insecurity. Humble and vain. Hard and fragile, and...everything in between. I care too much and not at all. I'm not to be understood or contained. I'm..."unity in diversity"
❤️




www.transcendct.com


No comments:

Post a Comment